Monday 28 May 2018

Class Observation Experiences


So far I have not updated much on this blog because of busy schedule. This is an oversight on my part, as a Hod, last month was one of the most interesting parts of my job. I could visit my colleagues classed and observe their teaching learning process inside the classroom. There are many teachers they have good calibre and exceptional teaching skills.
They were very energetic, and used very creative ideas ,teaching tools, teaching methods like group discussion, jigsaw ,debate etc..

My usual approach to observation is to sit at the back of the class with my ledger notebook. Next time I would like to use laptop: so that I can type far more quickly than I can write by hand, and trainees would actually be able to receive through mail !

We do a great deal of work at mentor training on observations: above all else, we want to prioritise the historical learning taking place in the lesson. Are the pupils in this lesson learning any decent history? What is the trainee doing which makes this happen? What signs of this are there? Where does the focus of the lesson slip? Were does this lesson not fit smoothly into what went before and after? Although I do comment in observations on more generic matters (behaviour management, use of reinforcement, activities and so on.



0 comments:

Post a Comment